Pages

Saturday, April 30, 2011

Sandwiching

Even after all my good intentions about making my quilting a priority, I find myself in a position where I have said yes to too many good causes, along with some unexpected and unagreed-to responsibilities being dumped in my lap.  In my muddled brain that keeps spawning images, I have begun to see a quilt:  a small person holding a large bag on a sinking ship that the rats are deserting. I could make some really disgusting rats at this point.

So I have had to content myself with sandwiching my quilting in between bouts of making flyers, attending meetings, writing e-mails, and creating websites.  My quick job for the week was finishing the painted leaf I created in the Playing with Paint class I took.  It was a Valentine's gift to my husband  and I was worried about quilting it--that the leaf would no longer float quite so nicely on top of the bark, but all is well.
In a 2D photo you can hardly see the quilting, but it does add another layer of texture to this little quilt, and binding ultimately seemed more appropriate than quilting.  I will add a small sleeve and a label in between other tasks next week.  It's only 7 1/2 x 10 1/2" so it was a quick project.

And if you are still reading me, thanks for the company.

2 comments:

IHaveANotion ~ Kelly Jackson said...

Nice job.....all the way around. I know all about the rats....I've made friends with them and feed them little treats...a kind gesture for them not leaving too :)

Perhaps it is time to wear a uniform that says NO printed on the front....or carry a gun with a mean look on your face.....or carry alka seltzer and pop one into your mouth and begin foaming at the mouth when anyone speaks to you....that typically keeps folks at bay for quite some time....I hope by now you are giggeling...laughter helps with stress.

Smiles,
Kelly

Jen Kuhn said...

I like the foaming tab idea! The leaf very much looks like it is floating, what a lovely quilt!I hope your hubby appreciates it.