The colors strongly suggested a landscape and as I played with adding shapes to emphasize the blues and greens, I also began to see it as an old manuscript page or even a page from a book and so I added lines of color and surrounded it with a piece of my green hand-dyes. I liked the idea of combining nature, writing, and quilting. And here is "Text in Context":
It's now about 16 x 20" and once again I feel the real thing looks better than its photo. Perhaps that's just an artist's excuse, comparable somehow to "The check is in the mail," but the light colors are delicate and don't show up well nor does the texture quilting I did on the green fabric. But perhaps the photo is indicating a weakness in my work; perhaps it should have enough value contrast so that the elements are strong even in a photo.
Anyway, if you are still reading, thanks for the company!