Pages

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Back to Basics

So what have I been doing that has kept me from writing blog posts and working on my quilts?  Well, among other things I have been cutting out hundreds of squares and triangles.
No, I am not contemplating a scrappy quilt.  I'm helping out my daughter, a children's librarian in Massachusetts, who, as part of Colonial Days, is doing a workshop on quilting for young children.  They will be creating their own quilt blocks, fabric glued (alas, not sewn) to a background, and the basic squares and triangles should give them lots of opportunity to create patterns and to play with color. And it is always worth taking some time to introduce children to quilting.  Of course, I  also get to use up some of those bits and strips of fabric leftovers that keep piling up.  

And even though I have aimed for brevity this time, thanks for the company anyway. 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

What a great idea! I'll have to remember this one.