Pages

Sunday, February 26, 2012

Meeting Yet Another Deadline

Years ago I started the tradition of giving my husband a small quilt top for Valentine's Day, and this year I almost broke the tradition. The 14th sneaked up on me, but luckily I only give him a top. So here is his gift for 2012.
I was trying to do some improvised piecing for the background, but unfortunately, I have been quilting so long, the rows turned out straighter than I wanted them to be, other than a decided downward tilt to the middle three. Even improvisation needs a bit of planning and adjustment and I was trying to work too quickly. Tom, of course, insists that he loves it so I am not sure whether to try again at the background before the quilting. But I will have plenty of time to decide since I need to finish up some other projects before I quilt this one.  The size right now is about 14" by 18".

And if you are still with me, thanks for the company.

1 comment:

Kathy P said...

Love that tree! I can see why Tom is so happy with it - great job!