Pages

Monday, February 22, 2010

Shadows again

Surprise! This is a post that is not about snow dyeing, although I am beginning work on a piece using some fabric from my first batch of snow dyes and right now I am excited about it.  We'll see if I continue to like it.  But I need to get back to the real reason for this blog--tracking my trials-and-errors in my year of figuring out who I am as a quilter.

Remember my little leaf quilt that was one of a series of journal-sized quilts that used shadows in some way and tried out a new technique?  I did finally finish another in that series a few weeks ago:

This is a small piece  8 1/4 x 11" but I got to play with the curved background, with pearl cotton for the quilting stitching again, and with perspective.  All the fabric, except the black, is my own hand-dyed.  

This is also the first time I tried facing a quilt, a finishing I have used several times since.  I found a facing method I like better now, but this convinced me it was not a difficult process, and I really like the look.  













And now it is snowing again . . .

No comments: