Pages

Sunday, May 31, 2015

My Favorite Color


I haven't posted one of these in a while and usually I would post it with no words. But I had to comment on this one. One of the parks (Maudslay State Park) around here is the site of an old estate--the house is gone but the acres of grounds still feature paths that wind through hundreds of rhododendron and azalea bushes. I missed their blooming entirely last year because we had just moved and almost forgot this year. Yesterday I could have been working on this project I must get done but instead I opted for a lovely walk with Terra and Tom. Many of the blossoms were well past their prime but there was still plenty of beauty and intense color. My attempt to squeeze one more thing into an already crowded day was a success, although the stitching never got done.



No comments: