Pages

Friday, September 12, 2014

Celebrating Labor Day

I got to celebrate the fruits of my year long (or more) labor in a very appropriate way this year. During the long process of our move to MA I had joined the Abstract Artists Group of New England. They are a somewhat eclectic group in terms of media but I was the only textile artist among those who worked with acrylic, oil, watercolor, collage, pastel, and several other media. Each year they have a show of members' work at the Newburyport Art Association and this would be my first show with them.

I ended up with ten pieces in the show and, when I looked around on the evening of the hanging, I knew I had joined the right group.


















There were seventeen artists participating in the exhibit so these pictures are only a portion of it, but you can see how my work fit in. The show opened August 22 with the opening reception on Aug. 30, Labor Day weekend, and the day of the big Riverfest in Newburyport. At times it looked like wall-to-wall people in the gallery and it was exciting to see that many people looking at and talking about the work in the show.

I am enjoying getting to know these artists and seeing their work in the show and at our monthly meetings.  And it is energizing to receive comments on my work from artists working in such diverse media.

And if you are still with me, thanks for the company!

1 comment:

Turtlemoonimpressions said...

This was such a good exhibit. I enjoyed it a lot and was so glad I made it!