Pages

Thursday, September 26, 2013

More PNQE

I had meant to bring back a few photos to share with you from the PA National Quilt Exhibition but between worrying about running out of power with no way to charge my phone and the quality of the photos, I didn't have much to choose from and I will only give you a very small taste of what I saw.

The judged portion of the show included such delights as Rachel Derstine's "Rousseau."
I love that glowing piecing in the sky.

The show always includes a good number of pieces from the World Quilt Competition and there were, as usual, some impressive works among them.  I was looking at techniques, and things like the tiny hand stitching on "Scenic Splendour" by Jenny Williamson and Pat Parker of South Africa caught my eye:


But I probably spent the most time at the SAQA exhibit Color Wheel of Emotion--many eye-catching pieces here, like Louisa Smith's "Synchronicity,"

and lots of inspiring techniques.

And, if you are still with me, thanks for the company on the very brief tour.


No comments: