Pages

Monday, December 19, 2011

The Shortest Day of the Year

A reminder to me today that Nature does not perform according to expectations like a well trained circus animal: a little snow was predicted for last night and I was going to combine a picture of that with one of Mary Oliver's insightful poems as a solstice post. But there was no snow and so I thought about a sunrise picture--too cloudy at sunrise. My last resort was to take my camera on my morning walk with Terra--too rainy to take the camera any further than the front porch.

So today we must find beauty in a puddle. . . .

and celebrate a cold December rain, the long darkness, and the coming light. Happy Solstice!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Some of my friends were married on the Winter solstice... I thought it a great plan. . . longest night of the year and all... wink wink!
Peace and blessings!

IHaveANotion ~ Kelly Jackson said...

Oh....this photo too...make a wall hanging of it...LOL.

Don't ya just love how I assign your time?

Giggles,
Kelly