Pages

Monday, June 26, 2017

Experiencing Art

I did not post last week because I was getting ready for this:


As part of Amesbury Days, an annual event in our town, the Cultural Council now hosts a juried art show and I decided to participate this year. I, along with over twenty other artists, found myself in an unconditioned City Hall on an unusually steamy day for June with not too many people out and about looking at art. But I did have some good conversations with some of the few who ventured out, got to know three other artists a bit better, met six very interesting people, who I hope to know better, and I sold two pieces! 


Earlier in the week I took my favorite five-year-old on an adventure at The Butterfly Place, and we became lost in the experience of intense colors and patterns swirling and landing around us.



And now I begin a week where the art gods may allow me to do some work. We shall see. . . 



1 comment:

Turtlemoonimpressions said...

Except for the heat, it sounds like a good day! Congrats on the sales!