Pages

Saturday, November 3, 2012

Celebration!

In the midst of a chaotic week in which our dining room was reduced to studs and subflooring (this was intended demolition, not the result of something like a hurricane) came an e-mail from West End Gallery in Corning, New York, asking if they could take a look at images of my work online. Since my website is still on my to-do list, I tidied up my Work page on my blog and sent them the link.

The next day I got an e-mail asking me to bring up some work for them to take a look at and possibly choose some pieces from. We scheduled a meeting for Tuesday afternoon, what turned out to be the very Tuesday Sandy was supposed to pass through our area.  Luckily, she moved a little more quickly than anticipated and luckily again our power never went out completely, so I was able to make the trip to Corning as scheduled. And they took thirteen pieces!

My work will be in their gallery for a four-day event, not one of their major shows, but I am still celebrating!

2 comments:

Gypsy Quilter said...

Yahooooeeeeee! Way to go!

quilthexle said...

Woho !! Of course you are celebrating - I hope you still are ;-)) congratulations - do you try to sell some of the pieces?