Several of my pieces were overdyes, attempts to rectify a dye job gone bad for some reason or simply another planned layer in a process. I had dyed several gradations of a burgundy a while ago that turned out looking unpleasantly like dried blood and so I added a layer of ultra violet and those pieces came out looking like this:
And I jazzed up a couple of lifeless browns with a little yellow:
I added a green background--the green didn't photograph very well so just imagine this a bit greener--to one of my flour paste crackles and suddenly those lines began to look a little like trees.
I couldn't resist doing another of my lined dyes and made this one vertical:
And I am playing around with these strange little squiggle shapes that I am finding intriguing:
And if you are still with me, thanks for the company!