Pages

Thursday, March 24, 2011

The Early Bird Catches the Bus

So is this worth getting up before 4 AM, driving an hour and a half, and then getting on a bus for another 3 1/2 hour ride?  I think it will be.  This exhibit of 650 antique red and white quilts in New York City is getting lots of publicity so I am sure I will be shoulder to shoulder with thousands of other quilt lovers in search of a memorable quilt experience.  In the afternoon we will visit the Empire Quilters Guild annual exhibit, which holds many promises of beautiful new quilts.

The bus trip is hosted by the Packwood Museum in Lewisburg, where the Quilt Study Group I belong to meets and where I have already spent many pleasurable hours looking at and discussing some of their large collection of antique quilts.

More after I have had a good night's sleep on Saturday night.

No comments: